Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Casserole
Prep Time: 5min , Cooking Time: 45min, Serves: 6-8
You Will Need:
- 1kg Chicken (About 10-12pieces, I used thighs & drumsticks).
- 125g Mushrooms sliced
- 200ml Fresh Milk
- 200ml Fresh Cream
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas (Optional)
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Dried Origano
- 1 Tbs Dried Italian Herbs
- 1 Tbs Chicken Spice
- 1 Tbs Ina Paarman’s Rosemary & Olive Seasoning
- 2 Tbs Chopped fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbs Cream of Mushroom soup powder dissolved in a bit milk ( you can substitute with Cornflour
- Olive Oil for sautéing
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a heavy pot, sauté onions and green pepper until soft, add garlic and stir.
- Add all the dry herbs and spices and mix together.
- Add Chicken and stir, close the lid and let it cook for about 10minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add Milk & Cream, keep stirring the meat so that the sauce is well distributed in the pot. Let this simmer on low heat for another 20min.
- Add mushrooms & peas and cook this for another 5minutes of so or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Taste the sauce and add more seasoning if required then add fresh parsley.
- Now dissolve the Cream of Mushroom soup in a bit of milk and add to your casserole. Let it cook for a few minutes until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Serve with Rice and Vegetables