Prep Time: 10min, Cooking Time: 30min, Serves : 6-8
You Will Need:
- About 800g Beef Minced Meat
- About 250g Chorizo (cut into small discs), you can substitute with Russians or omit it all together if you don’t eat pork)
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Large Onion – finely chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper – finely chopped
- 1 Fresh Tomato – finely chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves- finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Barbecue Spice
- 2 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 tsp Peri Peri ( you can substitute with paprika if you prefer less heat🌶 )
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for sautéing
- Fresh Parsley – a handful, chopped
- 6-8 Large Eggs
- In a skillet, sauté onions and green pepper in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and stir
- Add all the spices and keep stirring until the onion mixture is well coated.
- Add mince, and cook on low heat. Separate the mince using a spatula or a fork until it forms a granular texture.
- Once the mince turns brownish add fresh tomatoes and stir it in, you can now season with salt & pepper as well.
- Close the lid and cook for about 5min, on low heat.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add chorizo then tomato paste and let this simmer for another 5min.
- Add canned tomatoes, stir then let this simmer for a further 5-10min.
- The sauce should be a nice thickish consistency, taste for salt and pepper- add more if needed. Use a spatula to open pockets/wells and crack open the eggs into them.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley over the sauce and close the lid to pouch the eggs (reduce heat). Cook it less if you want your eggs runny(about 3-5min) and longer if you prefer them hard.
- SideNote : You can alternatively use the oven to finish off this process of cooking the eggs, just make sure that the lid is open.
Serve with Toast, Ciabatta bread and/or vegetables