Serves: 3-4 , Prep Time: 10min , Cooking Time: 20min
You Will Need:
- 4 Large Baby Marrows
- 2 Pieces Chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 Onion Roughly finely Chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- A handful Broccoli 🥦, roughly chopped
- 2 Black Mushrooms, Sliced (you can use 4 button mushroom)
- 2 Cloves Garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- I Tbs Dried Origanum
- 2 Tbs fresh Coriander chopped
- Ina Paarmans’ Rosemary & Olive Spice ( you can use veggie spice or any spice of your choice)
- Olive Oil for sautéing
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
Ps: You can use any vegetables of your choice for the filling!!
For The Chicken Strips:
- Chicken strips cut into strips
- 1 Tbs Peri Peri
- 2 Tbs Chicken Spice
- 1 Tbs Origanum
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for shallow frying.
- Pre-heat the oven to degrees Celsius.
- Wash the Baby marrows thoroughly, cut them longitudinally into two equal halves . Scoop out the seeded part – don’t discard. (Chop this and use it with your other vegetables).
- In a skillet heat oil and sauté onions, red pepper until soft. Add garlic and the remaining vegetables except for the mushrooms.
- Season with origanum, Rosemary &Olive spice, salt and pepper
- After a minute or so add the mushrooms
- Toss around and set aside.
- In a separate pan or skillet, heat oil, add chicken strips and stir.
- When they start getting white all around, add garlic then season with chicken spice, peri-peri spice & origanum. Let this cook on low heat for about 3minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Now transfer all the vegetables into this pan that has cooked chicken, sprinkle fresh coriander and toss around.
- Your filling is now ready.
- Spray a flat baking tray with cooking spray or use butter.
- Lay the baby marrows on the tray (facing up)
- Scoop the filling into each marrow boat.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and bake for 8minutes.
Serve as is😋